⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Monday, July 27, 2015

diy: heat protectant spray!


I don't know about you, but I use a pretty unhealthy amount of heat on my hair. 
So I use heat protectants, and they definitely make me feel less guilty
 and a little bit better about "frying" my hair. 

I found a recipe for a DIY heat protectant that will keep your hair moisturized and
 healthy, even when you want to style it with heat! Plus, you know exactly 
what's going in it so it's all natural and there's no chemicals!

• Coconut oil
• Almond oil
• Leave in conditioner (or regular conditioner)
• Hair spray (optional)
• Water
• Spray bottle


Let's Get Started!

Step One: Add 200 ml of water into the spray bottle.

Step Two: Melt your coconut oil to a liquid if it's not 
already, then drop in about 4 small drops.

Step Three: Add 4-5 drops of almond oil into the spray bottle.

Step Four: Put 2-3 drops of conditioner or leave-in conditioner in as well. 
You may want to use a damage repairing one because this is being used before applying heat.

Step Five: You can add a little bit of hairspray if you want this to help
keep your hair straight and hold it as well. You can also add essential oils, but don't
add too many things or the products will weigh your hair down and make it greasy!

Step Six: Add 50ml of water on top to make sure it all blends. 

After that, SHAKE IT ALL UP! 

• Spray onto sections of your hair before applying heat
• Brush your hair so the product spreads evenly
• Style as usual! You can use this on wet or dry hair

I really hope you guys try this! Let me know if you do!

DONT TO FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE SO YOU NEVER MISS A POST :) click below!

Follow

5 comments:

  1. This is really interesting, I would never of thought to make my own heat protectant spray! Thanks for sharing x

    www.ohjanuary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog post! Love this idea xx

    Lauren | shynature.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea. Thanks for sharing. My thin hair really needs heat protection. xx

    Nina
    http://www.ninasstyleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea :) I might have to try this!

    Natalie Ann xo // Petal Poppet Blogs ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I might would suggest precisely useful in combination with responsible points, and therefore believe that it is: armorfoam

    ReplyDelete