⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Thursday, July 23, 2015

summer essentials & hacks!

Hello everyone! Since it's mid-summer, and going to the beach and pool is definitely
a must, here are a few things I take in my beach or pool bag!

Also, keep reading to see some life hacks for summer!


SUNNIES - target and forever21 have the best ones.

GUM AND FOOD - I always get hungry at the beach or the pool!

WATER - I love using VOSS water bottles because they're really cute, 
and you can put some fruit in it because it's transparent, and make fruit infused water!! 
it's so photo worthy and tastes amazing. 

LIP BALM- lip balm may be nice for the hydration, BUT it's super important to have 
one with spf so your lips don't get burnt!

FEMININE PRODUCTS - periods suck, but don't be afraid to bring as many of these 
as you want, you NEVER want to be in a situation without them, especially at the pool 
or the beach!!

SUNSCREEN - this is common sense, but sometime's I forget my facial sunscreen in 
my bag, so try to use a moisturizer with spf so you won't worry or break out!

HEADPHONES - these are so important for me, because the people at my pool can 
be so annoying, and listening to music makes the whole summer 
experience much more peaceful.

BOOK - I like to take a book I'm working on to the pool 
or beach to pass time while tanning! currently I'm reading Since You've Been Gone 
by Morgan Matson, and I love it! 

HAIRBRUSH & HAIRTIES - I'm not a fan of a "sea salt spray" and I'm also too lazy
 for that, so taking a brush for the tangles and a hair tie to get my
 hair out of the way is fine for me!

MONEY - sometimes at the pool or beach they have pizza trucks or snow cone
 stands, so money is a must have. and sometimes at 
the pool I order my own pizza, oops

That's pretty much it for my essentials! There would be more things 
like a bathing suit and a towel, but I never forget those! 


FOR SUNBURNS - squeeze some aloe vera in an ice cube tray, and freeze it!
 then apply it to your burn, it feels AMAZING!

NATURAL HIGHLIGHTS - squeeze some lemon juice in a spray bottle and 
spray in your hair, and enjoy your day in the heat! lemon is natural and healthier 
than bleach and chemicals!

WATERPROOF PHONE - put your phone in a plastic bag or two, and seal it! 
it keeps the sand out, and (with risk) can make a waterproof case, 
and the touchscreen will still work!

TO REMOVE SAND - whenever you get that annoying sand stuck on 
your legs or feet, rub some baby powder on it, and it will disappear without a mess!

DIY SUN TATTOOS - draw a design on your arm, leg, or stomach with 
Elmers Glue, let it dry, and go tanning. you'll have an awesome sun tattoo! 


I hope you enjoyed this post, if you did comment below and SUBSCRIBE on the side bar!

xoxo, Alyssa




1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't have thought about putting my phone in a clear plastic bag, I think the resealable sandwich bags would work well! Em x
    http://themusingsofem.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete